- Increased speed and performance
- You can use it on all your devices (computer, tablet, iPhone)
- New toolbar makes managing your Trints easy
- New views allow you to keep track of your Trints
- Easily select multiple files
- Export multiple files simultaneously
Exploring the New Trints page
What’s the difference between All Trints and Recent Trints?
All Trints: lists all your folders and Trints, this is the place where you can manage everything at once.
Recent Trints: shows you the last 30 Trints you’ve opened or edited. This saves you having to hunt around in folders or scroll through every Trint you've ever transcribed.
Mobile App View
The Trints page contains a list of all your transcripts and folders. There’s a toolbar at the top which allows you to manage and organize your files. New files can be uploaded via the upload button. Remaining credit is always visible in the bottom left corner of the page. Under ‘Recent Trints’, you can see your most recently uploaded transcripts. If you have any questions, you can write in to support using the feedback button or contact us directly at email@example.com.
Managing your files
How are the files organized?
We show your files in the order of your most recent interaction with them but we’ll be introducing other sorting options soon. Yay!
What do the various statuses mean?
There are three different file statuses that should appear during transcription: transcribing, transcribed and edited.
After Uploading Your File:
Transcribing - The upload is being transcribed.
Transcribed - The transcription is complete. It is now ready to be viewed, verified and edited.
Edited - The transcript has been edited.
How do I rename a file?
Select the file you want to rename. Click on Rename in the toolbar at the top of the Trints page. Re-type the name of the file in the pop-up window and click on Rename to finalize the change.
How do I select multiple files?
Check the boxes to the left of the files you wish to select. You can then use the toolbar icons at the top to perform actions on them.
How do I create a new folder?
Click the New folder button in the toolbar at the top of the Trints page.
Move multiple files into a folder?
Select all the files you’d like to move into the folder. Click on Move in the toolbar at the top of the Trints page and select the folder from the Move to folder panel.
How do I delete files?
Select all the files you’d like to delete from your Trints page and account. Click on Delete in the toolbar at the top of the Trints page.
Confirm the deletion of your selected files by choosing Delete in the pop-up modal.
How do I create a copy of a file?
Select the file and click Duplicate in the toolbar at the top of the Trints page. You will see a copy of the transcript appear at the top of your Trints list.
Can I batch export from the new Trints page?
Yes! Select all the files you’d like to batch export and click Export in the toolbar at the top right hand corner of the page.
Select the file format you’d like to export into.
Click on Export in the pop up window.
How do I share a file?
Sharing from the All Trints page is coming soon. For now, you have to share a file from within the editor. Click on the yellow email icon at the top right corner and enter the email address of the recipient(s). The recipient(s) needs to have a registered account with Trint. If they don't, they will be prompted to register before they can view your Trint.
You can also use the Share functionality:
1. When you select Share with collaborators, Trint will send a read-only copy to your recipient(s). You can revoke access at anytime by selecting Remove beside the person's email address in the "Who has access" panel below. Please note that the recipient(s) will be required to have a Trint account to access the file.
2. When you select Send a copy, Trint will send an edit-able copy to your recipient(s). Once sent, the recipient(s) will not be able to see any future edits you make, unless you send them a fresh copy. Similarly, you will not be able to see any edits they make on their copy, unless they share their version of the Trint with you once done. Please note that the recipient(s) will be required to have a Trint account to access the file.
3. When you select Share a public link -> Create link, you can then share the generated URL with anyone, even those who do not have Trint accounts. The recipient(s) will receive a read-only copy of the transcript. You can revoke access at any time by selecting Delete link, which will make the URL invalid.
We’ll be regularly updating our forum post about what’s new. Here’s what on our list to build next:
- Trashed/deleted Trints
Got any feature requests that you think might make your Trint experience more efficient? Feel free to reach out to us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'd be happy to pass it along to our development team for you.