Once you've signed up for a free trial at www.trint.com, there are a few easy steps you'll need to follow in order to transcribe your first file:
1) The first thing you need to do is verify your e-mail address
You should have received an e-mail from Trint upon signing up. This will contain a link that you need to click on in order to start using your account.
2) Log into your Trint account via app.trint.com/login.
Once you're logged in, you'll arrive on the "Trints" page - this is your account dashboard and where all your uploaded files are visible.
2) Click on the yellow UPLOAD button in the top right corner of the dashboard.
3) Our upload modal will pop up, with the first page already open. On this page, our system will ask you some questions about the audio quality of your file. These are designed to notify you of certain things that can reduce the accuracy of our algorithms. Some issues (background noise, distant microphones, telephone calls, etc.) can lead to a worse transcription result - click through and verify that you're ready to upload and you'll be taken to the next step!
*If the upload modal does not pop up, there is probably an issue with your network or browser, contact our support team for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
4) The next window that pops up allows you to pick your audio or video files for transcription. This is where you can drag and drop your files or select them from your computer (or cloud accounts such as Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.). You CAN select multiple files at once. Once you've picked all the files you want transcribed click the blue "Upload" button in the bottom right to start the upload process.
5) That begins the upload, and you should be able to see it's progress at all times.
As long as you have enough Trinting time to transcribe your file, you will automatically proceed to the final step. On this screen you can choose which language the original audio file is in. Trint can transcribe in 13 different languages. If transcribing in English, you can pick one of the four English accent algorithms we have available (North American, British, Australian, or All-Accent English).
*If someone is speaking English with a non-native accent, please use All-Accents English.
There are a couple of other features you can choose from at this point; namely Vocab Builder and Speaker Separation.
Once you're ready, click Transcribe and you're good to go.
And that's it - you can kick your feet up and relax. Once your file is transcribed, it'll be marked as TRANSCRIBED on your dashboard and you will receive an email notification letting you know it's complete. Files usually take about as long to transcribe as the duration of the file itself, so if you have an hour long file, it'll probably take just under an hour to transcribe. When it's complete, simply click on the file name to open the transcript in the editor.