What is the Adobe Premiere plugin?
Trint's automated transcription software automatically transcribes captions and subtitles for audio and video files in Adobe Premiere Pro CC, allowing users to add text to media files in moments. Trint’s plugin converts audio and video tracks to SRT and EDL files for easy integration into any project.
If you have any questions concerning Adobe Premiere, please go to: https://helpx.adobe.com/support/premiere-pro.html.
Where can I download it?
Download Trint’s free Adobe Premiere plugin from Adobe Exchange:
How do I open the Trint extension?
In an open Premiere project, select “Window” from the drop-down menu, “Extensions,” then “Trint.”
This opens the Trint extension.
Enter your email and password, and click “Login.”
What if I don’t have a Trint account?
No problem, just click sign up now to be taken to the registration page.
How do I upload a file?
To upload a file, drag and drop into the light grey box in the top-right corner of the screen, or click “Select files” to browse your computer.
To make sure files upload correctly, ensure they are:
1. Less than or equal to 3 hours in length
2. One of the following file types:
Audio: MP3, M4A, MP4, AAC and WAV
Video: MP4, WMA, MOV and AVI.
How do I transcribe a file?
Once uploaded, files are displayed in the upload queue along with a status bar that shows its progress.
After the upload starts, choose the accent or language for the transcription. You can also check “Vocab Builder” to use your custom word list during transcription.
To customize your personal word list on Trint, go to Vocab Builder.
When the file has been uploaded, click “Transcribe.” Depending on the length of the file, it may take a few moments for the transcript to appear. The file will be displayed as “Ready” when the transcription is finished.
What does the file’s status mean?
Each transcript listed in your Recent Trints will have a status indicator:
- READY Transcription is complete
- RECEIVED A transcript has been shared with you from another Trint account
- EDITED This transcript has been edited in the web-based Trint Editor
- LOCKED There isn’t enough Trint credit to transcribe the file
Trint does not allow partial transcription. To purchase additional Trint hours, go to the Plan page of your Trint account.
How do I export to Adobe Premiere?
To export a transcript from Trint into your media file, click the export icon to the right of the file
An upload window will appear.
There are two export options:
- Export as an SRT file
- Export as an EDL file (highlighted portions of transcript only)
The transcript will be downloaded to your computer in the selected format. To add a caption file to a project, drag and drop it into Adobe Premiere, just as you would with any other media.
Can I customize exported caption files?
SRT files can be customized in the following ways:
1. Subtitle Length: Adjust the slider to change the length of subtitles. Tick the box to match the length of captions to the paragraphs in your transcript.
2. Highlights Only: Export the highlighted sections of your Trint. (You can highlight portions of your transcript on the Trint Editor
3. Speaker Names: Insert speaker names into captions. Select the position (right, left, above) of the speaker name relative to the caption, and letter case (as entered or UPPERCASE). Speaker names can be added in the Trint Editor.
If you need help or have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com.